- “Homeopathy – effective natural remedies that have no side effects”
Dr. Robert Mendelsohn, M.D.
Professor of Illinois Medical School
- The medicinal tree bark cinchona, which led to the founding of homeopathy is commonly used in tonic water and bitters even today.
- The founder of homeopathy, Samuel Hahnemann, gave the name allopathy to the conventional system of medicine
- Homeopathy is a mode of treatment available on the National Health Service in Britain and is fully funded by the Government.
- Gradually more and more countries like Australia, Canada and USA are accepting homeopathy as a main stream mode of treatment.
- In Brazil there are approximately 1,500-2,000 prescribers of homeopathic remedies, in Mexico, approximately 27,550 physicians, in India, and all over the world, many physicians count on the efficacy of homeopathic remedies.
- “Patient outcome studies at the NHS homeopathic hospitals show that on average 70% of patients report positive health changes after homeopathic treatments – these are patients who have usually exhausted all the conventional options first and are coping with intolerable suffering.”
Faculty of Homoeopathy
- “Homeopathy is the safest and more reliable approach to ailments and has withstood the assaults of established medical practice for over 100 years.”
World famous violinist
- German Soccer Stars Sold on Homeopathic Remedies: A study just published on how German soccer doctors treat aches and pains has revealed that Germany’s faith is in “homeopathic doping.” “The success stories are impressive,” said Peter Billigmann, a sports doctor and the head of the institute that carried out the study.
- Worldwide, homeopathy has continued to grow and according to the World Health Organization (WHO), is the most widely practiced form of medicine, second only to allopathic medicine.
- The Bristol Homeopathic Hospital in the UK offers its remedies on the NHS for more than 50 medical conditions from cancer and arthritis to depression and irritable bowel syndrome.
- Hemlock which has been used since ancient times as a poison, is commonly used as a homeopathic remedy to treat conditions like breast engorgement.
- UK doctors using homeopathy cost the Government 12% less than doctors who do not use homeopathy. (Natural Medicine Society News, June 1992).
- Homeopathy promotes the use of a number of day-to-day food substances, herbs and plants as remedies to treat complex conditions. Common substances used as homeopathic remedies are table salt, ginger, peppermint, basil, thyme, rosemary, oregano, pumpkin, etc.
- The World Health Organisation (WHO) have called for closer incorporation of homeopathy into “western medical systems.” (WHO Bulletin, 1999, 77, 2, 160-165
- Homeopathy provides effective healing for only cents a day, and is safe enough to give to infants.
- In Spain, homeopathic training has been offered for over 15 years in collaboration with the most prestigious universities and in collaboration with the Physicians Association. The number of physicians prescribing homeopathic remedies is estimated to be about 4,000.
- It is a common myth that homeopathy is only good for treating chronic diseases. As more and more people worldwide are discovering, homeopathy has a fantastic effect in acute conditions.
- 40% of French doctors use homeopathy, and the patients using homeopathy cost the French Government half of that for patients who use orthodox treatments. (Archives of Family Medicine, 1998, 7, 537-40)
- Homeopathic treatment in a number of conditions can prevent the need for surgery. Common examples being treatment of tonsillitis, appendicitis, etc.
- Garden plants like marigold, periwinkle, primrose, peony, poppy are commonly used as medicines in homeopathy
- There are homeopathic hospitals in Britain run by the British National Health Service, and private homeopathic hospitals.
- Homeopathy is a gentle and powerful form of healing that has withstood the test of time.
- In Italy, 7,500 physicians prescribe homoeopathic remedies. Training is offered in the major cities.
- Homeopathy has none of the side effects, dependency or tolerance problems of pharmaceutical drugs.
- 65% to 80% of the world’s population (about 3 billion people) rely on traditional (alternative) medicine as their primary form of health care according to the World Health Organisation (WHO).
- The users of homeopathy have a higher level of satisfaction with their treatment than those using orthodox medical treatment. (British Homeopathic Journal, October 1989, 78, 219-229)
- “When you reflect that your own father had to take such medicines as the above, and that you would be taking them today yourself but for the introduction of homoeopathy which forced the old-school doctor to stir around and learn something of a rational nature about his business, you may honestly feel grateful that homeopathy survived the attempts of the allopathists to destroy it, even though you may never employ any physician but an allopathist while you live.”
The Complete Works of Mark Twain: The Novels, short stories, essays and satires, travel writing, non-fiction, the complete letters, the complete speeches, and the autobiography of Mark Twain. Harpers Magazine 1890
- It has been a common myth that homeopathic remedies take a long time to act.
- 69% of French physicians think that homeopathic treatment is “effective.” (Étude MV2 9/97)
- 42% of British doctors refer their patients for homeopathic treatment. In the UK, homoeopathy is the only form of natural medicine supported by the National Health Service (Natural Medicine Society News, June 1992)
- The European Parliament has called for homeopathy to be integrated into medical practice. (Archives of Internal Medicine, 159, 17, September 27, 1999)
- 45% of Dutch doctors use homeopathy (Family Practice, 1990, September, 7, 3, 227-232)
- The French Medical Association has called for homeopathy to be included in all medical degree training. (Archives of Internal Medicine, 159, 17, September 27, 1999)
- 66% of UK pharmacies sell homeopathic medicines. (The Pharmaceutical Journal, October 16, 1999, 263, 644-646
- Homeopathy is the most frequently used natural medicine in Italy and the typical user, as in other western countries is well educated, 35-44 and female. (European Journal of Clinical Pharmacology, 2002, April, 58 (1), 61-4).
- There are more than 250,000 registered homeopaths in India.
- In Italy, 16,000 pharmacies stock homeopathic medicines and the homeopathy market in Italy generates a turnover of 129 million Euros. (Financial Times, May 3, 2002)
- Homeopathy’s effectiveness has been demonstrated in hundreds of clinical trials.
- In Switzerland, in the 10 years to 2002, interest in homeopathy has risen by 300% and homeopathy is rebatable by most health insurance providers. (Swiss Radio International, May 2, 2002)
- 39% of Belgium paediatricians are in favour of homeopathy (Homoeopathy, 2002, 91, 262).
- A student in a homeopathy college in India goes through the same curriculum as a student in a conventional medical college. A graduate from an Indian homoeopathic college is awarded the title of “Doctor”.
- “There have been two great revelations in my life: The first was bepop, the second was homeopathy.”
Attributed to Dizzy Gillespie
Great jazz musician
- The oldest national medical professional organization in the United States is the American Institute of Homeopathy
- The extract of cinchona is used in conventional medical therapy for treating cardiac arrhythmias.